Vocabulary exercise: except, accept
Fill in the gaps with the words from the left column
- Here is the method to apply in finding the day of any date of any year
- A dictionary is a reference book, not a text, and, with few
, its purpose is to provide a reliable source of information about the words and phrases one looks up.
- In English this difference is not found,
possibly in medical contexts.
- Is that
- If not, then the essay is clearly bigoted, and should not be
for publication at all.
- Have you never told your middle name to anyone (except the teachers at school)?
- Capital letters are generally used here,
for verbs which have become fairly common.
- Yes, if we
a definition that includes the initial letters.
- There is one significant
to this rule.
- At about the same time that Aveline/Evelyn crossed the Channel, it became
to christen children Mary.
your gift all right, but they won't credit your personal account.
- How much more interest must you offer an investor to get him to
a 1 percent risk of a $100,000 financial loss?
- In endangerment cases, at least, the study seems to
- English has rules-- some fairly regular rules--but too many
- One may
that sort of statement at face value.
Create your personalized vocabulary exercises.